Welcome to the beginning of Fauxdulthood: The Blog!
Dictionary.com defines “adult” as the following:
1. having attained full size and strength; grown up; mature: an adult person, animal, or plant.
2. of, pertaining to, or befitting adults.
3. intended for adults; not suitable for children: adultentertainment.
4. a person who is fully grown or developed or of age.
5. a full-grown animal or plant.
6. a person who has attained the age of maturity as specified bylaw.
And Dictionary.com defines “faux” as:
artificial or imitation; fake
So I define “Fauxdulthood” as the following:
A stage in life wherein a person is a grown adult without any of the responsibilities of children, a mortgage or a clear direction but with plenty of milkshakes for lunch and battles with her feline roommate; excessive pizza and bourbon may also be consumed and post-quarter-life-crisis meltdowns often lead to post-midnight ponderings about what the heck she’s doing – sometimes accompanied by panicked phone-calls to friends.
Welcome, friends. Welcome to the space where I will share stories and insights from my very own fauxdulthood.